How can I uninstall Delta2D manually on a Windows system?
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall Delta2D, the automatic uninstall fails. In this case you have to uninstall Delta2D manually.
Uninstalling Delta2D manually is basically done in three steps:
- Remove the program files
- (Optionally) Remove the user files and settings
- Remove the Start Menu shortcuts
- Remove the uninstall entry in the software part of the control panel
1: Remove the program files:
- Open the Windows explorer ("My Computer")
- Find the installation folder of Delta2D. Default location is C:\Program Files\DECODON\Delta2D
- You can delete recursively the complete folder "DECODON".
1a: Optionally you can delete your private settings and files for Delta2D:
Your Delta2D settings are saved in a folder called ".Delta2D" which is located in your user home directory. You can delete the complete folder.
Please make sure that you did not save any important data you do not want to loose in this location before deleting it! Particularly the demopool could include projects that you might wish to keep.
- Locate your user home. Depending on your Windows system, this is something like:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your-login-name>\ (Windows XP)
C:\Users\<your-login-name> (Windows 10/8/7 or Vista)
- Delete the folder ".Delta2D" (please note the leading dot in the name). If you do not see it in your home directory it could be hidden. Activate the "show hidden folders" option in your file browser.
2: Remove the Start Menu shortcuts:
- Click on Start -> All Programs and locate the entry "DECODON Delta2D" or similar (this name can be modified during the installation process)
- RIGHT click on the entry and choose "Delete" from the context menu
- Confirm with OK if you are warned that this will affect all users etc.
3: Remove the uninstall entries from the Installed Software Control Panel:
- Click on Start -> Execute
- Type in regedit and hit Enter (if regedit doesn't work, try regedt32)
- locate the registry key
- Delete the unwanted key, here: "
DECODON Delta2D XX" where
XXstands for the version
- Optionally you can delete the other keys created by the Delta2D installation:
(Please check if this key contains other subkeys being not related to Delta2D or DECODON in any way. If this is the case, please do not delete the complete key, but only the subkeys connected to Delta2D.)
Please note, that doing other modifications to the registry of your windows installation can seriously damage your windows installation, which can lead up to a inoperable windows installation. This would require a complete new installation of Windows and all software programs on your computer!