How Can I tell Delta2D 3.6 and older to use a proxy for license- or update requests?
Delta2D needs to contact our web server for three possible reasons:
- to validate special, so called 'web checked' licenses
- to use Scouts for aquisition of data from web-based databases
- to check for updates
If your network situation demands to set your internet browser to use a proxy, then Delta2D very likely will need the same settings, otherwise you will see error messages saying that the license server or the update server could not be connected.
There are two alternatives to specify a proxy for Delta2D 3.6 and older:
you will need adminstrator privileges for this procedure
- locate your Delta2D installation folder, on Windows something like "C:\Program Files\DECODON\Delta2D\3.6"
- Open the file "Delta2D.vmoptions" you can find there with any text editor
- add the following line(s) at the bottom:
-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhost -Dhttp.proxyPort=portNumberwhere you specify proxyhost (resp. portNumber). The second line is optional and only necessary if the proxy port is other than 80.
- Save the file and start Delta2D
This file does not exist by default, but will be evaluated if it exists. It can be placed either in the Delta2D installation folder, where it will affect all users of Delta2D, or in the personal settings folder, where it will only affect the respective user, but, on the other hand, requires no adminstrator privileges.
- Open any text editor with a new, blank window
- add the following line(s):
http.proxyHost=proxyhost http.proxyPort=portNumberwhere you specify proxyhost (resp. portNumber). The second line is optional and only necessary if the proxy port is other than 80.
- Save the file as properties.ini EITHER in the Delta2D installation folder (something like "C:\Program Files\DECODON\Delta2D\3.6", you will need administrator privileges) OR in your personal settings folder (<userhome>\.Delta2D)
- Start Delta2D