"JDK 6.0 or newer cannot be found on your machine"
When trying to start GasPedal I get this error message and nothing happens.
Usually there is no necessity for an extra java installation for using GasPedal. The phenomenon you experience is very likely a mixup of 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of GasPedal, as if there was an installation of 32-bit GasPedal which was upgraded with a 64-bit update, or vice versa.
To resolve this we recommend a complete new installation of GasPedal:
- Locate all previous installations of GasPedal which could be mixed up with your working installation. Please look at:
C:\Program Files\DECODON\GasPedal (for 64-bit installation on Windows 10 64-bit or 32-bit installation on Windows 10 32-bit) and
C:\Program Files (X86)\DECODON\GasPedal (for 32-bit installation on Windows 10 64-bit)
- Make a backup of the folders for having the license file and in case there are customized settings you might want to reproduce easily
- Remove or rename the original folders
GasPedal(This is, by the way, the crucial part of the manual method of uninstalling GasPedal manually, when the automatic uninstall fails. Additionally you might want to remove the entries from the start menu and the desktop)
- Download a copy of GasPedal from your Private Download Area and make sure you take the one you need (32/64-bit), whereas we always recommend the 64-bit version for 64-bit systems.
- Install GasPedal, and, on being requested for the license, take the file
license.lfkfrom your previous installation.