GasPedal Installation Instructions
The installation files dedicated to a certain operating system are tailored to a seamless integration into your operating system's look and feel.
The installation files for Windows and Linux include the needed java version as a private installation, only used by GasPedal. Any other java installation, installed prior to or after GasPedal, is not being bothered by GasPedal's java installation. And, vice versa, any updating of a system wide java installation will not interfere with GasPedal's functionality.
To install GasPedal on Windows, you might need to have administrator rights for this session, depending on the configuration of your computer.
The installation source usually comes as one single executable file, named either simply "setup.exe" or "GasPedal-xxx.exe", where "xxx" describes the target platform for the respective install file. Windows32 stands for 32-bit Windows, windows64 for 64-bit Windows.
Simply execute this file by double clicking it and follow the instructions of the installation dialogue.
The installation source for GasPedal for Mac comes as a Mac OS X Disk image file called 'GasPedal-macosx.dmg'. Double click on it; a finder window will open showing the contained setup application for GasPedal. If it does not start automatically, double click on the setup application to start the installation process and follow its instructions.
As for Windows, the installation source for GasPedal comes as one single executable file, called "GasPedal-linuxXX.bin", where "XX" denotes the platform of the respective install file. Start this file with a single or double click (according to the settings of your window manager) or from the console. If it does not start it might be necessary to make the downloaded file executable: in the console, please type
chmod +x GasPedal-linuxXX.bin
(XX again standing for 64/32-bit version)
As target directory for your installation you can specify any directory you have write permission for.
Depending on the version of GasPedal you installed, registration might be required.
The single-machine version of GasPedal is copy-protected by a license file that is specific to you and your computer. Initially, you get a generic license file. Registering a license gives us the information we need to make a specific license file for your computer.
- When GasPedal does not already detect a valid license during installation or when starting GasPedal, you will be prompted for a license file. Please click on the "Import" button and select the license file you either found on your cd, received by e-mail or downloaded from your private download area.
- The dialog shows a button "Register" now. Please click on the button and follow the instructions to send us your registration request by email. The registration request contains an identification code for your computer. Meanwhile you can start using GasPedal in Demo mode.
- We will process your request and send you the valid registration key, or a new license file corresponding to your computer.
- (Re-)Start GasPedal to obtain the registration dialog again and complete the registration with the registration key or the registered license file we sent by email.
Option 1: you received a license key. A license key looks like this:
In the licensing dialog, click on the button "Enter license key". Copy the license key (without any spaces) from your e-mail into the dialog and press OK.
- Option 2: you received a license file. The license file ("registered license file") contains a key that is specific to your computer. Please save the file from your e-mail to some place on your computer. In the GasPedal registration dialog, click on "Import license file" and select the license file.
- Now your copy of GasPedal is fully licensed and operates in full mode.