Discover The New Era of fast and reliable analysis of 2D Western Blots in Delta2D 4.8
Since many years 2D Western Blots are a common, accepted, and often used technique
- for detecting, identifying, or quantifying proteins or process-related impurities e.g. host cell proteins (HCP),
- to find highly specific antibodies for your spots of interest, as well as
- for comparing technical or biological gels with Western Blots, even with different antibody signals.
But you always found it tedious and unreliable to align the 2D Western Blots to their gels to correctly match the western blot signals to their corresponding gel spots?
Let Delta2D 4.8 take your analysis on a new level!
A new approach, based on an idea of Dr. Klaus Kratochwill and his team from the Medical University of Vienna, makes alignment of 2D gels and 2D western blots reliable and fast: since the difficulty in aligning these two types of images lies in the divergence of their signal patterns, why not use their external shape as a guidance? This idea was so simple as brilliant, that DECODON decided to adopt and refine it. The result of these efforts is a new project type dedicated to 2D Western Blots. Considering the special roles of total protein gels, supporting images and 2D Western Blots, Delta2D thus makes it a breeze to import, align and analyze all necessary images for this approach near to automatically.
Simply follow Delta2D's established 5 step workflow:
- Setup Project: Fast import, sorting, and despeckling of the images directly into groups
- Warp Images with a Customized warping strategy for high accuracy alignment
- Detect spots on an artifical image, which merges the information of gel and western blots, Transfer them to these two images and Quantify them there in a minimum of time.
- Analyze Spot Profiles by using various simple parameters or advanced statistics for defining your spots or signals of interest.
- Present Results in an excellent, easy-to-share webbased report showing coverage, reproducibility, and many more.
But that was not all. We also improved the workflow with
- a simplified import of images directly into groups,
- a unique visual indicator on images to immediately show sample-gel-channel-assignments in complex projects,
- a streamlined interaction with the job manager to quickly get done most work in the background,
- many more small bug fixes as well as improvements to make your analysis life free of struggles and hassle.
Last but not least, we introduced syslog based audit trails to help administrators a step further in regulated environments where e.g. CFR-compliance is relevant.
Update your version of Delta2D now: Save 16% discount when updating your version to the current Delta2D version 4.8 (released today). This offer is valid for all orders placed until Sep 30, 2018!
Try it out yourself
- Download your free evaluation version of Delta2D 4.8 now.
- Read our special Western Blot Getting Started Guide.
- Be one of the first to analyze your 2D western blots fast, reliable, and condense your results in a comprehensive web-based report.
Schedule your personal introduction with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New in the World of GCxGC Analysis: the brandnew GasPedal
Fast and Reliable Profiling with the brandnew GasPedal
With GasPedal you start into a new era of analyzing your data both visually and quantitatitve in one well-integrated software platform. Nearly 20 years of innovation, experience and knowlegde in software development for the analysis of 2D-gel-electrophoresis images now meet in GasPedal.
GasPedal combines fast visual analysis, exceptionally reliable spot matching and quantitation with versatile tools for sorting, filtering and annotating spot data, as well as exceptional powerful statistical tools, in one easy to learn application.
Import your raw data in CDF or mzML format directly into GasPedal and get a two-dimensional chromatogram image within seconds.
Always stay linked to your raw data by instantly accessing your spectra at any location on your images. Use them to compare spectra from different runs (e.g. to support matching) or quickly copy spectra into the clipboard to search in external databases like NIST without any hassle.
GasPedal takes you to your results in only five steps with its well proven interactive workflow guide:
- Setup Project: Import and group your data sets to handle even large projects
- Warp Images: Eliminate possible running differences between the GCxGC runs automatically. Optimize the warping comparing spectra on pairs of chromatogram images.
- Detect spots on an artifical two-dimensional GCxGC image, which merges all information of your complete experiment, and Quantify Spots using the consensus spot pattern tranferred on every image. This avoids missing values.
- Analyze Spot Profiles quickly by using the filter and sorting capabilities, or investigate your spot profiles in-depth with powerful statistical methods to approve your final list of interesting volatiles.
- Present Results e.g. in unique eye-catching HTML reports, presentation slides, or simply in tables for external processing.
GasPedal, the easy to use software solution, will let you extract more information from your GCxGC runs – in a fraction of the time.
Download your free evaluation version of GasPedal 1.0 now.
Delta2D 4.7 Released
New in Delta2D 4.7: A Unique Report to Compare 2D Western Blots and 2D Gels
The detection, identification, or quantification of process-related impurities from host cell proteins (HCP), undesirable in final products, became more important during the last years. 2D Western Blotting is the state-of-the-art technology for the determination of HCP coverage.
Since more then 10 years Delta2D enables you to find interesting proteins most reliably and in shortest time in an easy to learn workflow, for both single (chemiluminescence or colorimetric) and multiplex (fluorescence) detection approaches.
For a more comprehensive presentation of your analysis results we added the Blotting report in Delta2D 4.7. It extends the benefits of the known reports by an unique individual workflow for the comparison of 2D Western Blots and 2D Gel images.
In our classic workflow you detect the consensus spot pattern on a fusion image and transfer it to all other images to get 100 % spot matching. However, to enable the determination of coverage values between Western Blots and Gel images, finally you have to narrow down the spot sets on the individual images by given constraints. To do so, Delta2D offers powerful filter tools in the spot tables as well as complex algorithms and tests in the analysis module. Once you have your individual spot sets per image, the new Blotting report will do the rest for you.
You're interested in a customized and automatic report version? - Just ask our application team.
As a matter of course we want to thank all of you who gave us feedback for your valuable comments. We did not only fix reported bugs but also polished the user interface, and again increased the performance of the web reports.
Here is your motivation to decide for updating your version of Delta2D: Save 16% discount for updating your version to the current Delta2D version 4.7 (released today). This offer is valid for all orders placed until Dec 16, 2016!
When will you start using the most modern software for analyzing your 2DE gels? With Delta2D you'll get reliable results, remarkable time savings, and unmet visualization. Download your free evaluation version of Delta2D 4.7: